Sue's Prayer Reflections: January




JANUARY TASKS


There is a picture in ‘Scouting for Boys’ of Lord Baden-Powell sitting amidst the family fun of Xmas Day, writing letters. He said that a present wasn’t really yours until you had said ‘thank you’! – so, I ask, “Have you written your Xmas ‘thank you letters’ yet?” – And, while you are about it, why not write a letter to God as well, to say thank you for all his blessings, and for the greatest gift of all, the gift of His Son? 

And, have you made any New Year Resolutions? Mine is almost always the same (- which tells you how bad I am at keeping it!): I vow to be better at keeping in touch with my friends and relations by visits, letters and ‘phone calls. I reckon it would be good to include God in that list as well, and to try and spend time listening and being more alert to His presence!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home