Sue's Prayer Reflections: November


Praying with the Saints

I have to admit I am sometimes a little envious of churches dedicated to one particular saint. Then one might make an effort to find out all one can about his, or her, life and ministry and have a special affection for them. Anyway, my suggestion is to choose a particular saint to focus on. There may be a particular prayer associated with ‘your’ saint, maybe written by him or her. You may be able to imagine being alongside him or her. You may give thanks for them and the gifts they were given. My favourite is Alban. Would I have had his courage? Can I say, “I am Sue and I worship the true and living God!”?

Something to pray for


Often in his writings, St Paul makes it clear that we are all saints, so our friends in church are, literally “All Saints”. Just as it would not be possible to name and pray for all the saints, as previously suggested, so it might be difficult to pray individually for all the folks at church. However, some time ago, a “Prayer Chain” was created, whereby you pray for a particular member of the congregation, and someone else prays for you. If you are not in the chain, speak to Alvis Taylor.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home